Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th Fun

Let me just start off by saying I was so depressed that we weren't in Rexburg this 4th of July.  Like majorly depressed.  It's so hot here and I'm so pregnant and I LOVE spending the 4th in Rexburg, I love a small town 4th of July celebration.  So, as dismal as I was we managed to gear ourselves up and have a little fun.  On Saturday evening we went to downtown Mesa to take part in their celebration for the 4th.  They had tons of slides and jumpy castles set up for the kids and I was afraid there would be masses of people but there weren't, and I was afraid we would be melting hot but it really wasn't too terrible, especially once the sun went down.  In the end we managed to have quite a good time.

Here's a prego photo, I haven't posted any so here you go, 38 weeks and counting...
(I can't believe how blond Gracie's hair looks.)
I get so annoyed when I can't get the pictures to turn the way I want them to...
Owen and Colby on the slide.
Rex
(sorry for the crappy photo quality)
Gracie and Colby

The kids had lots of fun on the water slides.
Matthew
We found a nearly empty corner that had a perfect view of the fireworks, it was awesome!  I was really impressed by what the city of Mesa put together.  We were so glad we went.


We love this land!
And I may or may not have promised the kids that we would go to Rexburg next year for the Fourth of July (or maybe the whole month of July, if only I could figure out a way to make that happen, any ideas people?)

3 comments:

Owen Family said...

You're always welcome to stay with us. We aren't that far from Rexburg.

Daniel and Mary said...

It's fun to see pictures of you guys! My girls sure miss having the kids to play with. We actually missed the 4th in Rexburg too, but I'm sure it wasn't as hot in Salt Lake as it was in Mesa.

Have you had your baby yet? I didn't realize you were expecting. That's so exciting. We're due with baby girl #4 in October.

Grannie Wright said...

Oh Eliza. I'm so glad you got to see the fireworks. looks like you had lots of fun in spite of the heat. I wish we had tried a little harder to see some fireworks. But I'm glad the children and you and Kris did.