Friday, March 25, 2011

Beach Fun

The first day of our little California spring break trip was spent with a long drive and then a short little trip to the freezing cold/windy beach with Tara and her kids. Somehow that didn't deter the kids from having a little fun.
I guess they figured it's not everyday they get to go to the beach so they had better make the most of it.
Did I mention it was freezing? F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G
I was cold and I was sitting on a blanket with a sweatshirt on.
Matthew said it was fine after awhile because his body just went numb and he couldn't feel the cold.
It's so much more fun playing in beach sand than park sand.
See, I told you it was windy.

Then we had dinner at In-N-Out. Yum. Although not quite the novelty that it once was before it came to Arizona.

3 comments:

Grannie Wright said...

Glad to see you making the most of it. Even with all the shivers and chattering teeth. Can't wait to see more.

Tara said...

Haha! That is one beach trip that is sure to go down in history. Your kids are crazy, but Scarlet was right there with them. Maybe you guys can come again early summer before the baby comes and we can hit the beach up when it's warmer...thanks for coming to hang with us! We loved it!

Aliece said...

Wow! I guess they just switched into Idaho-cold mode! I don't think I could do the beach cold. Florida beaches spoiled me, Cali is just not the same!