Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Making Up For Lost Time

Fourth of July Fun! (on the 3rd)

This summer Matthew participated in summer band so that he could be in the 4th of July parade. He sacrificed sleeping in many mornings (so did I!) But in the end I think it was all worth it. We enjoyed watching him in the parade and he had fun marching in it.


We even had some of the guys from Star Wars come.



After the parade we went straight to the park for Matthew's concert in the park.

The kids got to play in the jumpy castles and slides.



After the park we enjoyed lunch at Eric and Lynne's and lighting off our fireworks in the backyard then sitting on the back steps under blankets and watching what we could see of the county fireworks. Oh, how I love the 4th of July in Rexburg. I'm practically in tears posting this. Hopefully, we can go there every year to celebrate!

5 comments:

Tara said...

That would be a good tradition, to go to Rexburg every 4th. I hope you didn't make yourself too homesick with this post! Thinking of you! Hope it's all coming together...

Emmio said...

We had that same shopping cart in Soda! I thought it was awesome too :)

Owen Family said...

Your parade looks very similar to ours here in Soda. The 4th is lots of fun and the fun in the park and the crowds are pretty neat. Wish you would plan an annual trip so we could keep up with you guys.

Kara said...

How did I miss this post last night?? Who knows, my brain wasn't really working. :) Looks like a fun time in Rexburg! Storm troopers and all! Glad we could hang out today, I was so happy to meet your little boys, Rex and Colby are so incredibly adorable. Can't wait to see you again!

Michelle said...

I missed this post somehow. Wish that I wouldn't have slept in on this day, we could have had a blast with you! Love and miss you tonz!