Tuesday, April 20, 2010

If You Dare

Two weeks ago Matthew was presented with his Arrow of Light in scouting. We are so proud of him for earning it! And this time I got to be pinned, yay! And now that he's in 11 year old scouts we don't have to go to Pack Meeting for a few years, yay! (uh, I mean dang it!)

The next night was his DARE graduation. He took the DARE program VERY seriously. Trust me, he can spout facts about drug and alcohol usage even the addicts don't know. Now we just have to wait a few years and see if it did any good... (haha). Matthew is a VERY good kid and I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. (Don't let me down, Buddy! :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't ever picture him doing drugs. The picture of him pinning you was so sweet that it made me want to cry. What a good boy Matthew is. I think it is really cool that he is so into scouts. If I have boys I want them to be excited about it like he is. I remember DARE in school and I actually really liked it. I'm so proud of him. Yay for Matt!

Tara said...

Yeah, I don't think he'll ever have a problem with drugs! What a blessing! Congrats on the scouting! That should be a nice break...Love you guys!

Kara said...

Matthew looks so cute in his DARE shirt! He is looking so grown up. I am glad they do the DARE program there, I don't know if any schools do it here, ours sure doesn't, though I wish they did. :(
Great job on getting your Arrow of Light Matthew!!

Grannie Wright said...

Matthew is such a good kid. I certainly could never picture him doing drugs of any sort! It's that wonderful upbringing. I am always thankful when they are into scouting. Many things are a blessing. I gotta remember to keep counting them. Sure love you guys.

Todd and Jacy Skouson said...

WOW! Where has the time gone, Matthew is so old. I remember him as a little boy, showing off his letters. He would jump and he would form his body into the letter "X" or whatever letter. Now his in scouting and DARE. Congrats Matthew! Keep it up! Love you guys!