Thursday, July 26, 2012

Leelee's Big One!

I basically can't believe I'm sitting here writing this post. How on earth did my baby just turn one? Where did this last year go? I have no idea, but I do know it's true that time just keeps flying by faster and faster. My little chunky monkey 9 pounder is now my sweet, petite baby girl teetering through the house mixing it up with her siblings. They all adore her and it's so cute to see each one's interactions with her. I even get glimpses of Colby doting on her and I have hope that one day they will be best buds.  While having six kids has completely kicked my butt it has all been worth it to have her in our family. She has saved my sanity this past year and she is such an incredible joy to have in our home.
 Kris got her the CUTEST pink donut for her birthday and mostly she just enjoyed mushing it.
 A little thing about Leelee is that she loves ice. I mean, she really LOVES ice. She knows all the places to look for cups of ice water and she goes to great lengths to get to it. She knows she can often find a cup on my night stand and here she is on her birthday snagging a piece after church. I just have to laugh at her and I think it's pretty much the most adorable thing ever. In fact, we got her a cute little pink ice tray that makes the perfect size cubes as a present for her b-day. AND just after she opened it she was sitting on the floor and turned around and grabbed Kris' cup of ice water that was sitting under his chair to get some ice, I kid you not.

 She dug right into her cupcake, sans frosting. She's a big chocolate lover (like her mother) so it was right up her alley.
Growing up in a large family Leelee is certainly not afraid to voice her opinion or stick up for herself, much to Colby's chagrin I am sure. She will let you know what she wants when she wants it. That being said, she is quite an agreeable child, she gets along with everyone, she's calm, content and lots of fun to be around. We all adore this little girl and cannot imagine our lives without her!

Happy Birthday sweet little Leelee!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't even fathom that she is one! It's so crazy how time flies. She sure is so sweet and I wish I could spend more time with her and love on her. I love how much your whole family loves her it really is the sweetest thing. She really is a blessing. Love you Leelee!

Unknown said...

Hey Mommy! shews spweruaoesfhksudhkfjhgkhdfjsdbh
(shes soo cute, i fumbled the keys)