Friday, February 3, 2012

Eat Me

Leelee is six months old (almost six and a half by now, yikes!) and so I begrudgingly had to start her on solids. I'm trying to keep her my little baby for as long as possible and luckily, she's complying with my little plan. I knew the doctor was going to ask me at her six month check up if I had started her on solids and I wanted to at least be able to say that I had. So on January 18th I finally decided to break out the rice cereal. 
She was all smiles before we started.


My trusty helper. Pretty much everywhere we go someone asks Colby if he is a good big brother so he takes this responsibility seriously. (And yeah I totally color coordinated the whole ordeal... um no, I so did not.)

"What is this crap Woman?!"

Let the gagging begin.
 "I think I'll just sit here with my mouth open and let the spit collect and not swallow until everything just slides out of my mouth."

 Colby took this pic for me, it was the best one.
 And then we made cookies, because cookies make everything better.
And the drama continues because she still does not like to eat solids, she does the same gagging/holding/drooling with applesauce too. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. Just wait a week or so and try again? Who knows? I've never had a baby resist this much, she just really only wants to nurse. I guess I waited too long to start and now she's exercising a little control. So she's refusing to grow up just like I wanted her too. :)

3 comments:

Tara said...

Haha. Well what a good helper that Colby is! I am impressed. Oh, little Leelee! I hear of stories like this sometimes, and I guess you just have to persevere! I think out of all your kids they look the most alike, and they're so adorable! I loved how Colby took your pic, I've been making Scarlet do that a lot lately, too. Miss you guys!

Michelle said...

This was so adorable. I can't even believe how hold she is already! Life is just not fair, I want to hug her, kiss her and squeeze her! Baby's do not get any cuter! I guess you will just have to keep trying. Wasn't Rex like this? I am pretty sure he never really ate baby food Liza. Just went on to regular soft foods.

Jamie said...

Don't even worry! Your milk is best anyway! I started Chase on egg yolks(I boil the egg and take the yolk out, add some water...you could use breast milk...mash it up, sprinkle a little sea salt) and he loves it!! They are rich in iron and other minerals that they start needing after about six or seven months. He like bananas too. :-) I didn't even try until he was seven months and was acting like he wanted some food when we ate meals.