Friday, June 17, 2011

End of the Year Concerts

I've got some super mega catching up to do as far as blogging goes so there may be several posts from me in the next little while, hopefully I can get all caught up before the baby comes.  Let's start off with the end of the year concerts.
Gracie had her last orchestra concert on May 12th. She did a great job and had a lot of fun being in the orchestra this year. She's not sure if she wants to continue playing the violin or join the band next year and play the flute or something since she will have that opportunity as a 5th grader.  But, playing in the orchestra has been a great experience for her.




The following week Matthew had his end of the year band concert.  He received the Student of the Month Award for the month of May and a special award for being one of only two people to play two instruments in the band, he plays the bass clarinet and the soprano clarinet.  Way to go Matthew!



I'm so stinkin' mad at Blogger because I've been trying to upload another video of Matthew's and I've tried about a billion times and it's just not working.  This one is of him playing the bass clarinet and the quality is not great.  The other one shows him playing the school song on the soprano clarinet and Kris actually got up and shot the video from a much better spot.  Oh well, maybe check back later and see if I got the other video loaded.
I'm glad that my kids are enjoying being in these music programs, hopefully they will continue to for a long time!

3 comments:

Emmio said...

Not that I'm biased or anything, but Gracie should definitely stick with the violin!

Emilie said...

They sounded great!! I'm excited for my kids to get to that stage, but I'm definitely not ready for that yet (I think I'll cry when Max starts going to school). We sure miss you all!

Grannie Wright said...

I'm really sad that we missed those concerts. But I did get to enjoy the videos. Keep playing an instrument! You will never regret it! You will have lots of fun with it.